The Blue Train
The most luxurious train in the world!
Travel in style on the world renowned luxurious Blue Train to exotic destinations and fine hotels in Southern Africa.
Capture the romance of a bygone era.
Experience the magic and mystery of Africa in a relaxed and elegant fashion.
Train travel is the perfect illustration of South Africa as a world in one country.
- The Blue Train provides contemporary luxury and 24 hour service. It has been voted the “world’s leading luxury train” at the World Travel Awards for four years running.
- Its interior design, service and luxury compare with top five star hotels. Each suite on board the train has an en-suite bathroom with bathtub or shower, a telephone, TV monitor and individually controlled air conditioner.
- There are four suites per coach and a professionally trained butler is on duty on every coach to cater to the needs of his guests. The Club Car is designed along the lines of an old gentleman’s club for those who enjoy a good port wine and after dinner cigar or coffee. A large video screen provides a view of the scenery ahead of the train, courtesy of a camera mounted on the locomotive.
- For non-smokers, the Lounge Car provides a smoke free environment where high tea, various beverages and snacks are served. Staff is available 24 hours a day and professional chefs prepare world class cuisine for every meal. A choice of only the finest wines is served to compliment meals.
- The Blue Train operates the following routes: Pretoria – Cape Town and Cape Town – Pretoria.